The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Love low carb? Try this amazing recipe!
Low Carb Lemon MuffinsPlay Video
Did you know that there is such a thing as a no carb diet. Although this way of eating a little too extreme for me, I still find it useful to know what can be considered “free” food in terms of carbohydrates.
Note: Some of items listed here aren’t 100% carb free – but they ARE all either zero or under 1g net carbs per serving. If this idea or any of the individual items don’t fit with your way of eating, please disregard this list or the item in question. Always check nutritional data labels on food before purchasing.
Check out my Low Carb Starter Pack Ebook!
- Sale!Low Carb Starter PackAre you just beginning your low carb journey? Check out my starter pack of printables!
These foods do not naturally contain carbohydrates, apart from those in the vegetable list which contain between 0 and 1g net carb per serving, and heavy cream which is also exceedingly low. For meats and seafood, the key is to go for unprocessed food. As soon as someone processes the meat or fish (think ham, bacon, jerky, burgers) there is a higher chance that they have also added some carbs! If you want to see my new and revised list of actually zero carb foods, check out my new Guide to Carb Free Foods!
Want to grab this list of zero carb foods in a handy FREE printable? Scroll down for a link!
Zero Carb Meat:
- Chicken – try these Italian Baked Chicken Thighs or my Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings!
- Beef (check out Omaha Steaks for amazing deals!)
- Turkey – try my roasted paprika turkey wings!
- Lamb – try my recipe for rack of lamb with rosemary!
- Organ meats – make your own chicken liver pâté!
- Pork rinds (these are an exception to the processed rule – and see below for lots of ways to use them!)
Zero Carb Seafood:
Zero Carb Dairy:
- Butter – learn how to make your own!
- Most types of cheese – try my Parmesan Crisps or my Baked Brie recipe!
- Heavy cream (very low carbohydrates)
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil – check out my review of the Fresh Pressed Olive Oil Club and get yourself a bottle of EVOO for just $1 (if you’re in the US!)
- Sunflower oil
- Sesame oil
- Avocado oil
- Safflower oil
- Corn oil
- Peanut oil
Almost Zero Carb Vegetables (most contain between 0 and 1g net carb per serving):
- Leafy greens (lettuce, arugula, spinach, swiss chard, turnip greens, bok choy etc)
- Fresh herbs
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Chicory family (endive, escarole, radicchio)
Zero Carb Condiments:
- Vinegar (NOT balsamic)
- Mustard (avoid honey varieties)
- Many types of hot sauce
- Regular (full fat) mayonnaise
Zero Carb Drinks:
- Tea (no milk or sugar)
- Coffee (no milk or sugar)
- Diet soda
- Herbal tea
- Drink mix powders (eg Crystal Light)
Check out Amazon’s selection of zero carb products:
- Thin Slim Zero Carb Bread
- Utz Pork Rinds
- Rockstar Zero Carb Energy Drink
- Beef Jerky
- Crunchy Bites Cheese Snacks
- Zero Carb Smart Burger Buns
ThinSlim Foods 45 Calorie, 0g Net Carb, Love-The-Taste Low Carb Bread PlainUtz Pork Rinds, Original Flavor – Keto Friendly Snack with Zero Carbs per Serving, Light and Airy Chicharrones with the Perfect Amount of Salt, 8 oz. BarrelGluten Free, ZERO CARB of sugar of starch, sesame, Hamburger Buns- 24 packRockstar Zero Carb Energy Drink, 16-Ounce Cans (Pack of 24)Crunchy Bites Cheese Snacks 3 Pack – Cheddar, Gouda and Pepper Jack – 100% Cheese – High Protein and Calcium, Gluten Free, No-Low Carb, Kosher – 1.5oz – by Yalla NaturalsPeople’s Choice Beef Jerky – Old Fashioned – Original – Sugar-Free, Carb-Free, Keto-Friendly – 1 Pound, 1 Bag